In this episode, fellow POJCasters, Sal and Todd share the mic with Jim, rector of Christ Church in Warwick, NY, who also happens to be be Sal's pastor! Rocketh onward! In this episode, Sal, Todd, and Jim tackle the epidemic of gun violence and what the Christian response ought to be. Also, Billy, a friend of Todd's, calls in to join the discussion.
Party On Patrons: You can totally support us by subscribing to us on Patreon and, by doing so, you will be signing up for exclusive, bonus content, such as episode wrap-ups, extra segments and the like. We have three tiers of support and each level bears more rewards. Lots of great reasons to join. Click here for more information.
Party On JohnCast Swag: Yes, we have our own most excellent swag and you ought to support us by buying some! But don't take our word for it: “Y’all need to buy some” - Rev. Evan Rohrs-Dodge
Other ways to Support: If you love this podcast, please rate and review us on iTunes, Google Play Music, Spotify. The more we get rated and reviewed, the higher up on the giganto totem pole we get on those respective platforms.
He Brews Segment
- Dunkin Donuts Iced French Vanilla Latte with Skim Milk
- Dunkin Donuts Iced Blueberry Latte with Almond Milk
- Good, old-fashioned, filtered, ecologically contained, water.
Most Excellent Music Segment
- TalkTalk by A Perfect Circle
- The Love Song by Marilyn Manson
For Heaven's Sake
- Family forgives El Paso gunman (CNN Video)
- Vicitms' families forgive gunman who killed members of Emanuel AME Church (USA Today Video).
- Amish victims' families forgive their children's murderer (CBS Video).
- The Wounded Heart of God: The Asian Concept of Han and the Christian Doctrine of Sin by Dr. Andrew S. Park (mentioned by Billy)